Thread: Holy moly my new machine is fast!

Holy moly my new machine is fast!

Well, it's been awhile and it took a complete HD meltdown to kick me in the ass (and put me further into debt) to get my new machine built... and boy howdy, is it fast!

I thought my old machine was darn respectable, but the new upgrades have doubled its speed.

Since my cousin works for a huge corporate computer supplier here in Seattle, he was able to let me return my almost two-year old 6600GT's and get a pair of 7600GT's. He gave me $100 apiece for them, which I thought was a gift.

Then he called me and said he just had lunch with the AMD rep and had some Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual Core "samples," of which I was able to procure for $300... a helluva deal. The 7600's gave me a 40% boost in graphics performance and the FX-60 gave me another 40%, for a roughly 95% overall increase. (Wow!)

So, even though I might still suck at FPS, I'm at least back to playing them again. :-)

Trying Half-Life 2 right now and re-trying Doom 3. In a few days I'll have the whole thing set up and tweaked and should see you all for BF2, or 2142, whichever.

Til then...
    Hasta,
    Boom

My motherboard just fried on my desktop rig... Im screwed becouse to buy new I have to get everything new.. new board, processor, and graphics cards... no point buying old out dated crap..

sounds like you had a killer deal. I wish I could find such deals..