My co-worker and I are sitting around BS'ing about crime, the lottery and banks. One question that we have that I couldn't get answered by google involves deposits and withdrawls. I know we have a couple of bank guys in here so I'm hoping someone knows the answer.

1. What's the largest cash withdrawl I can make from my bank? Is there a specific withdrawl amount that would trigger a flag with the IRS or Secret Service?

2) The same question for the largest cash deposit.

This came from a question about giving someone money after winning the lottery. I know that I can give a guy 50k tax free, one time only, as a gift. But what would stop me from pulling out 100k in cash and giving it to him in cash, as long as he doesn't deposit it or spend it all at once. Beside his guilt for not paying taxes, this seems like a way to skirt the law.

I also hear that if you pay cash for anything in excess of $20k, it triggers a flag in the government/banking industry.

Any ideas?
(and yes, my boss is gone for the day and I'm counting down the minutes to sneak out an go see a movie)