Thread: Show me the money

Shades Show me the money

CPL and iGames Announce Largest Qualifying Tournament

"CPL and iGames announce the largest combined CPL Qualifying Tournament to be hosted by 11 Game Centers across North America on September 29 & 30. Tournament winners will receive an Autoberth to the CPL $150,000 World Championships."

The Cyberathlete Players League (CPL) and iGames announced today the first ever combined CPL Qualifying Event. Eleven (11) participating game centers across North America will be hosting a two-day CPL Qualifying Tournament. Up to twenty - 5 man teams will compete at each location, vying for a coveted Autoberth position to the CPL's $150,000 World Championship Tournament to be hosted in Dallas, Texas on Dec 5 to Dec 9, 2001. Players at the locations will be using identical rules, thus creating a virtual event, with all competitors engaged in the non-stop action concurrently. Winners at each location will receive a minimum of $500 to help defray the cost of competing in Dallas.

96 teams will be competing in the CPL World Championship in December. With only 32 Autoberths available for teams to battle for, many Counter-Strike (CS) Clans are feverishly planning their trips to multiple Qualifiers, hoping to win an autoberth at one of them. Past CPL Championships have produced winners, but this is the first World Championship, which will result in the crowning of the best CS 5-man team in the world. Participating teams are hoping to win the grand prize of $50,000. Even placing 32nd will win a team a cool $1,000.

Okay...Tribes2 can start giving out money any day now.

NR

*IX*MeatHooK
    Imagine ... someday you can make it a full time job to keep playing games in competition! ...

There's already the PGA, ... can we rename it to Professional Gamer's Association?

O yea...

Darts, Pool, Foosball all have tournments and prize money. My vote is online gaming especially Tribes 2.

NR