Thread: R.I.P. Captain America

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    Didn't they kill off Superman several years ago only to bring him back?

No one is really "dead" in comics.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

August Knights

I saw this on yahoo and foxnews.
    I agree with you Bribo, they are never really dead... Great thing about comics...

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    Series writer Ed Brubaker said he would use future issues of the comic to explore what Captain America meant to the world. He hinted it wasn't all over yet: "It's comic books, so I wouldn't count him out forever."

PS I know they have been trying to over haul alot of the older comics. Bigwigs think the "old" character are too old for now adays youth to relate and are always trying to make a teenage versino of the character.

AKA Wolverine vs X23

Who is Nuts and Abbadon? [AK]StitchJones's Avatar
    Peter Parker has been dead for like 13 years now. His clone Ben O'Reilly has been living the good life as good ol SpiderMan

Vax
    Captain America is a long time hero of mine. Steve Rogers was his secret identity. Steve Rogers was assassinated at the age of 66. I am sure that Captain America will be back. Someone else will pick up the mantle and defend the world.

/salute
    Vax

Illusive Late Poster Bassiswild's Avatar
    I am avid comic collector and I think I still have the original death of Superman Comic and also the Superman is alive comic as well. You remember with the sealed black and white covers. It is funny how comics do this type of thing to renew interest in it. I go into comic shops every now and again and browse through the selections. It is hard sometimes to find anything good.

I remember reading some of the old Captain America comics. I am sure they will find a way to bring him back from the dead. Just like superman. He is the Super Solider. I am sure that a measly little bullett could kill the super solider. I am sure they have an ace up there sleeve.

I just checked Marvels site and sure enough they are working on something. Here is the link Filling Captain America's Boots, Who's ready to take on the mantle of Captain America

The sound is all about the wood and the pickups. Bartolini all the time...