View Poll Results: Should CBS save Jericho?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 27.78%
  • No

6 33.33%
  • Jericho???

7 38.89%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Save Jericho

Illusive Late Poster Bassiswild's Avatar

Save Jericho

I do not know if anyone on here is a fan of the show Jericho that was on CBS. I felt it was a really great show. I would watch on my laptop usually a day after the viewing since being on the road all the time hard to find time to sit down and watch TV. It was a very compelling series with many twists and turns to it. I was really surprised that CBS did not renew the contract for the show. I felt pretty strongly that what CBS did was not wise, so did a few of the people that I work with. We all watch it on our laptops on the bus in between stops. It seems that people that a lot of enjoyed the show, and they are really fighting CBS on the cancellation of Jericho. The people are trying to get CBS to reverse their decision. They have spawned a variety of web sites like this one http://www.jericholives.com/. It is well wroth the read just to see how a single show could spawn such reactions. It reminds me of Trekies.

I do not recall any popular saying such as "Live long and prosper" With Jericho it is one word "NUTS" too funny. If I remember my history correctly, didn't CBS cancel Star Trek saying it was the worst shows ever? Now look at it. For such a bad show they are putting the finishing touches on the new movie. I think this makes 7 movies? I lost count. Sorry got off subject.
    Last edited by Bassiswild; 06-05-2007 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Horrendous spelling

The sound is all about the wood and the pickups. Bartolini all the time...

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I eventually enjoyed this show, but it got off to one of the slowest starts ever. By the time it really picked up towards the end of the season, most people weren't watching after its three-months-long winter hiatus. I gotta believe this one ain't coming back.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    This show sucked. Tried to watch it and even tried to like it but by the 4th show it was clear that this show was going no where.

Good riddance as far as I'm concerned.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    Jeri-who?

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

What's a TV show?
    [insert signature text here]

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Jericho lasted too long as it was. The writing was horrid. Revolting. Skin-crawl-worthy. The acting was worse.

Never has less been done with a greater opening premise.

I don't know what you fans of this show thought you were watching, but it wasn't anything close to good.

(So in short, no I won't be signing any petitions to bring the damn thing back. lol )

The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

August Knights

I was with most of you guys at the beginning whenever the show was looking pretty bad, but a friend told me recently that the show had gotten better toward the end of the season. So, I watched the final 10 or so episodes and was pleasantly surprised. I was pretty sad to hear about the cancellation, but there just might be hope on the horizon.

Nuts here (at Pops Murphy's house in Western North Carolina). I too tried Jericho but found it slow and frustrating. As a big fan of post-apocolyptic sci-fi tales, I didn't like the actions that the characters took... or more accurately, the lack of action. The town is running out of power but the cop/mayor refuses to shut down the bar? The guy at the gas station is worried about his big city boss getting upset and won't give the gas to help out? C'mon. And the whole conspiracy theory thing... I didn't want another 'Lost'.

They should scrap World War Z as a movie and make it a TV series.
    No law protects anyone from the act breaking it. The Law is strictly to proscribe the punishment for abusing one's freedom of action by infringing on the freedoms of others. The Law does not impute righteousness upon the offender, the Law imputes the sin of the offender.

To the Fans of Jericho:

Wow!

Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series. You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard.

As a result, CBS has ordered seven episodes of "Jericho" for mid-season next year. In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more "Jericho," we will need more viewers.

A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show. But that community needs to grow. It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available.

We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity and volume you have displayed in recent weeks.

At this time, I cannot tell you the specific date or time period that "Jericho" will return to our schedule. However, in the interim, we are working on several initiatives to help introduce the show to new audiences. This includes re-broadcasting "Jericho" on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips from these episodes across the CBS Audience Network (online), releasing the first season DVD on September 25 and continuing the story of Jericho in the digital world until the new episodes return. We will let you know specifics when we have them so you can pass them on.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of "Jericho" in such an extraordinary manner. Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone. You made a difference.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler
    President, CBS Entertainment

P.S. Please stop sending us nuts :-)
    Jericho, in my opinion, was one of the best shows on TV (Right up there with Heroes). Sure, it got off to a slow start... but it was worth it. The three month hiatus in the winter is what killed it for most people (and it going up against Idol right when it came back)

Say whatever you want about the writing, but unless you watched the series all the way through you really don't know how it all flourished. The show became even better than it started, picked up nicely in the middle(after the hiatus... though the "recap" show right after the hiatus was stupid too) and had a massive cliffhanger at season end.

If you didn't watch it all the way through, I suggest you hold your reservations about the show until you have. CBS is going to reair the entire season this summer, Season 1 DVD set comes out Sept. 25. Check one of the two out and watch the whole series.

http://www.nutsonline.com/jericho
    http://www.savejericho.com
    http://www.jerichorallypoint.com
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

Illusive Late Poster Bassiswild's Avatar
    I am really surprised that CBS ordered more episodes. I have to agree that it got off to a slow start in the begining, but at the end it really had you guessing what was going to happen next.

I guess they are finding out that Nielsen is not as accurate as they thought it was. Technology is here to do away with Nielsen, I think the Nielsen is the only ones that want TV to think that they are an asset. It is old and out dated. Time to shelf them and go with a new medium. A new invention out there is called the internet.

Good to see the AK crew is still around. Maybe one day when I can stay at home for more than a day I can hop on BF2. Been a while since I played.

The sound is all about the wood and the pickups. Bartolini all the time...

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

The show didn't hit its stride until the Mysterious Black Dude replaced the Big Dumb Farmer as the second-most-central character and the neighboring town of New Bern started causing problems. I almost didn't come back after the hiatus but there just wasn't much to watch after the hockey games were over, and after a weak first couple of episodes I got hooked in (once the shooting started and the body count of regulars approached that of The Sopranos).

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Pops Murphy View Post
    Nuts here (at Pops Murphy's house in Western North Carolina). I too tried Jericho but found it slow and frustrating. As a big fan of post-apocolyptic sci-fi tales, I didn't like the actions that the characters took... or more accurately, the lack of action. The town is running out of power but the cop/mayor refuses to shut down the bar? The guy at the gas station is worried about his big city boss getting upset and won't give the gas to help out? C'mon. And the whole conspiracy theory thing... I didn't want another 'Lost'.

They should scrap World War Z as a movie and make it a TV series.
    Bingo. You nailed it.
    The sun has fallen down

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I'd get behind that idea in a second.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Jericho, in my opinion, was one of the best shows on TV (Right up there with Heroes). Sure, it got off to a slow start... but it was worth it.
    Put together 5 incredibly dumb episodes to start a series, and you've lost me.

More than the plot holes, bad acting, and horrid writing, they took the whole damn premise into a direction that nerfed the wonderful initial premise.

Next.
    The sun has fallen down

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Squidly View Post
    Put together 5 incredibly dumb episodes to start a series, and you've lost me.

More than the plot holes, bad acting, and horrid writing, they took the whole damn premise into a direction that nerfed the wonderful initial premise.

Next.
    Personally I thought the acting was good, the writing was wonderful and there were plenty of avenues on the Jericho website (http://www.cbs.com/jericho) to fill in the perceived plot holes you mention.

Either you're overly critical, don't give things a chance to develop, or just don't know good television...
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.