Thread: Logitech g15 keyboard

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Logitech g15 keyboard

I picked this baby up in response to the helpful replys from http://augustknights.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9582

It's a neat keyboard and the LCD HUD is pretty slick.

But I'm still trying to learn how to use this thing. The instructions are fairly limited. Any special tips and neat tricks that were particularly impressive to you that you suggest I try out?

On thing I'm still trying to figure out is the media controller. I want to be able to use the media control buttons whilest in the middle of playing a game to play my music, but that doesn't seem to be working.
    [insert signature text here]

Clay -
    I noticed the media controller wasn't working while in-game last night after I updated the drivers for the keyboard. Hopefully they'll fix this, but I'm going to look through the set-up this afternoon to see if I can fix it and if I figure it out I'll give you a holler.

I found a really awesome website that will probably answer alot of your questions since, unlike me, you are tech savy. http://www.g15forums.com/forum/

Hope this helps!
    Kat
    "Try to walk a mile in a healer's sandals.
    That way, you'll be a mile ahead of them.
    And out of range for heals.
    And die.
    And blame it on them."
    ~Coreiel
    <WoW CM>

***Taking a small gaming break while I play the ultimate RTS...Parenthood***

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Thanks Kat, got the WinAmp working finally. It took me a very long time to figure this out - I finally realized that these global hotkeys that everyone is talking about is only available in version 5 of WinAmp. I use v 2.81 which is a much more streamlined version. V 2.81 takes less resources, but doesnt' support global hotkeys. A little add-on fixed that on, now I'm golden.

For those interested in a low resource MP3 player, the WinAmp version most recommended is v 2.81:
    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=winamp

You'll need this add-on to make your media control center support it.
    http://www.g15forums.com/forum/showt...imin#post18257
    [insert signature text here]

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    Everyone still enjoying thier G15? I just ordered one today along with a new mouse...

I was almost hesistant reading several poor reviews but figured I would have heard something from the hand full of AKers that have it.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Yep! Best keyboard I ever bought. The LCD is a neat little gimmick ... I find I do not use it all that much, but when a game has a profile to use it, it works pretty well. Best use is with Ventrilo; you can see who's talking and who's in-channel.
    [AK]Abaddon

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Still using mine. I like it. At worst, it makes a pretty good dumb keyboard with good backlighting. At best, it's awesome, with programable macro buttons, a media center with it's own LCD screen, various controls like a mute button, and even USB outlets on it. The only reason not to get it is size, so if your workspace is tight, that's not good.

I like the older Rev 1 version, because it has more buttons and a volume dial on the media center

The new version looks like this:

Thank you for the reply, not sure which I purchased to be honest (didnt know there were 2 different versions of the same board.

I should have it today or tomorrow though

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bojan View Post
    Thank you for the reply, not sure which I purchased to be honest (didnt know there were 2 different versions of the same board.

I should have it today or tomorrow though
    You will get the newer version, the old version is not available. I've had and been happy with both of them, although I like the blue back-lighting on the old version better.

Thats too bad, the blue lighting would have gone well with the lighting on my system. Im excited regardless, splurged on a new keyboard and mouse first "gaming" set ive had.