Thread: XXXFL

Red face XXXFL

Man, did anyone see any [important] difference between XFL and regular? Not me.

Watched only the first half of the first quarter (that is confusing, i know). Then when they showed a clip between a cheerleader and a player.

Cheerleader: "[name] KNOWS how to score..."
    Player gives that-jock's-bragging-about-his-"date"-last-night-again
    and click, I turn to FOX. You'd think they'd host XFL...

So I watched Cops and America's Most Wanted for the rest of the night.

Wolff

Red face

I saw it too, I liked the fact that I could hear the plays....but thats about it.
    The chearleaders where a joke, all they did was jump around in a box.

As for the commentary....I won't even go there.

------------------
    "Does not enable user to fly"
    - Warning on Batman cape

Jesse Ventura = Poop
    The biggest dope dumb Minnesota elected.

Wolff

Actually, I find Ventura to be one of the more intelligent people in the American political arena. I agree with at least 80% of his stands on issues of political importance. His personal conduct is another story, but I'm able to differentiate between the two...

[AK]Zorro

Chief Operations Officer
    <a href="http://www.augustknights.com" target="_blank">AugustKnights.com</a> WizOp

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Arrow

Yeah, I sort of like Ventura too. He's a bit showy for my taste, but he has some good libertarian views. Would I watch him on XFL? Probably not ... I don't normally watch sports of any sort.

[AK]Abaddon

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

Don't forget, the guy can pop your eyes out before you knew what happened (a particular nasty SEAL defensive maneuver), and if that's not enough, he can deliver one hell of a pile-driver.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Now if we could just get Ventura and Clinton in the ring for a match ... that I'd pay well to see!

[AK]Abaddon

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Heheh...I love football. No, I mean really love football, second only to baseball. So I'll watch any football I can get. And I saw a lot of promise for the XFL. Yes, it's minor league, full of has-beens and never-will-be's. But there's a lot of good players there too, who didn't get their shots in the NFL, often because they were stuck in the second string behind aging Pro Bowlers (see: Tommy Maddox, Rashan Salaam, and Keith Elias). The caliber of play is, in my mind, on par with what you'd see at your average college football game, and the finish to the LA-San Francisco game was just about the most exciting football action I've seen all year, including the NFL. I've even adopted the New York Hitmen as my team, since they seem to have a lot of guys I used to root for when they were Giants (Elias, Maumalaunga, etc.)

Anyone that watched the NBC coverage on Saturday night and Sunday's UPN game: the coverage seemed to be a little different on the different networks. On Saturday, it was all camera angles, close-ups of the huddles, and Ventura (who, like Zorro, I tend to agree with politically) braying "TIMING PATTERN" over and over again like a gubernatorial version of Ed McMahon. They were focusing more on the entertainment aspect, trying to compete with Survivor or whatever they show on Saturday nights. Sunday was a whole different story. The odd camera angles were pretty much confined to instant replay, the commentators called the action well, and there were far fewer crowd and cheerleader shots. I'll be watching again this week, if only to see how much they've learned from their mistakes.

------------------
    [AK]The Beast
    "Get busy livin'...or get busy dyin'." -Tim Robbins, The Shawshank Redemption