Heheh...I love football. No, I mean really love football, second only to baseball. So I'll watch any football I can get. And I saw a lot of promise for the XFL. Yes, it's minor league, full of has-beens and never-will-be's. But there's a lot of good players there too, who didn't get their shots in the NFL, often because they were stuck in the second string behind aging Pro Bowlers (see: Tommy Maddox, Rashan Salaam, and Keith Elias). The caliber of play is, in my mind, on par with what you'd see at your average college football game, and the finish to the LA-San Francisco game was just about the most exciting football action I've seen all year, including the NFL. I've even adopted the New York Hitmen as my team, since they seem to have a lot of guys I used to root for when they were Giants (Elias, Maumalaunga, etc.)

Anyone that watched the NBC coverage on Saturday night and Sunday's UPN game: the coverage seemed to be a little different on the different networks. On Saturday, it was all camera angles, close-ups of the huddles, and Ventura (who, like Zorro, I tend to agree with politically) braying "TIMING PATTERN" over and over again like a gubernatorial version of Ed McMahon. They were focusing more on the entertainment aspect, trying to compete with Survivor or whatever they show on Saturday nights. Sunday was a whole different story. The odd camera angles were pretty much confined to instant replay, the commentators called the action well, and there were far fewer crowd and cheerleader shots. I'll be watching again this week, if only to see how much they've learned from their mistakes.

------------------
[AK]The Beast
"Get busy livin'...or get busy dyin'." -Tim Robbins, The Shawshank Redemption