Thread: Who has Call of Duty 4?

Who has Call of Duty 4?

Just wanted to know who has this and if your playing Multiplayer. I am sooo hooked on it. Since I cant play Quake Wars STILL (soo pissed off about that game) I have spent all my time on this game. I highly recommend if you haven't checked it out yet. Has my vote for best first person shooter ever.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

I have it, but am generally unimpressed. The engine looks dated, and it just feels lke Call of Duty 2, with slightly better graphics.
    [AK]Abaddon

You been drinking? "Dated", "with slightly better graphics". Wow! I don't think the graphics could get any better..
    Whats even more impresive is the good frame rates you get with such high graphics. Im running on my laptop with out a hitch. And nothing comes close to this. How is it dated?
    Last edited by [AK]FiGHT*CLuB; 12-07-2007 at 01:38 AM.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

I guess I should not have played Crysis first. :-)

The graphics in COD4 did not do it for me at all. To me there was not that much improvement over the old COD, or BF2, for that matter.
    [AK]Abaddon

Map pack coming out

Via: http://iamfourzerotwo.com/ comes news that the PC version will finally get the map pack that's been out on console for a lil while now.

Great news! Heads up that the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack sponsored by NVIDIA will be available worldwide for our PC players next week on June 5th!

NVIDIA is making it possible for PC players to download the map pack for Free on the PC thanks to their sponsorship. In addition, expect to see quite a few promotions popping up leading up to the launch of the map packs on the 5th and beyond. I know NVIDIA has a lot of great things planned for PC users in addition to maps becoming available.

There’s going to be some PC specific previews going up online this weekend I believe that will cover how well the maps play on the PC version as well as some contests and promotions happening all next week. I’ll be posting up details on them as they get started all this week!

The Variety Map Pack includes four new maps for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare multiplayer including Broadcast, Chinatown, Killhouse, and Creek.

In addition to the map pack hitting, PC Players will be receiving the 1.6 Patch for the PC version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare that will add support for the new maps, fix a server crash exploit recently reported by the community, and a few additional features / bug fixes. I will post a full patch notes list next week.
    I find it amusing they claim the map pack is free because of NVIDIA, after charging the console kiddies $10 for the maps.
    Ditguidice - Hand of A'dal, Champion of the Naaru ///// Soulquencher - Hand of A'dal, Knight Captain.

"I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many comprimisises already, too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assmilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther!"

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Ab's always been a graphics junky. If it's not 100 FPS with crystal clear graphics comparable in quality to say.. a high rez photograph - it's crap!
    [insert signature text here]

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

I'm getting a copy with my new vid card. All my parts shipped, so I'm hopeful they'll get here by the weekend.

August Knights
    The old Man in the War [AK]Rocks's Avatar

i have it

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

I have it. Great game!

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

Installing tonight. Find me on Camel's Ventrilo server and drag me out of AoC.

With my Vista upgrade, I've apparently lost the ability to run my Strategic Commander left-hand controller--I found some instructions online to make it work, but the mere act of attempting the install makes my system completely freeze. I either need to get to the bottom of it before attempting any shooters or get a similar, modern replacement product like a Nostromo SpeedPad. Recommendations are welcome.