Thread: OK, I hate to keep bringing up last week's events but this is just too weird.

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

This much is fact:

• The apartment across the hall was occupied for the last six months by about 8 men of Middle Eastern descent
    • They were very antisocial, rarely if ever said more than two words to anyone. They came and went at all hours of the night, and would often come out in the hallway to take cellular phone calls in their native language
    • On the occasions that they would have their door open when I was coming and going, I could see that there was no furniture in the apartment.
    • The day after last week's attack, they had the body damage on their car, had it repainted, changed the plates from Delaware to Maryland, and began parking further down the lot from our building. (I happened to spot them getting in their car late last week.)
    • Sometime late last weekend or early this week, they left their apartment, and have not been seen since.
    • Today, the Secret Service visited my apartment building and went door to door, asking about these men.

Additionally, a neighbor (who is also a maintenance employee of the apartment complex) told me that the Secret Service searched their apartment yesterday and found some of their computer equipment, abandoned, as well as anti-America propaganda. I'm not sure how far I believe him, but if true, that's pretty creepy. I'm not worried about it, because if everything I heard is true, I'm sure they're far away from here. Perhaps they were just students who were frightened by the prospect of discrimination due to their heritage. (In fact, the reason I didn't say anything about them before was because I didn't want to turn into the fearful, hateful person the cowards wanted me to be.) But still, it's pretty creepy. Needless to say, I'm calling my local Secret Service office tomorrow to verify or disprove the rumors I heard, as well as to give them any information that they may request. I'll keep you all posted as new details may emerge.
    Last edited by [AK]The Beast; 09-21-2001 at 05:10 PM.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Originally posted by [AK]The Beast
    Perhaps they were just students who were frightened by the prospect of discrimination due to their heritage.
    Probably not, if what you've said is true. Probably NOT.

Bill
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

Ewwwww........Goose bump time.

Poison

yes that is scary, scary because of the circumstances surrounding it, definately tell the secret service what you know, i mean changing their tags and all....
    take a look at the world and think...

Super Moderator

August Knights
    Secretary of War
    Brewmaster

An update, because I've been asked about it:

Tonight, I went to the FBI's website that I keep seeing on the news, and e-mailed their tipline. I'd hoped to do this sooner, but to be honest, it took me a couple days to work up the cojones to do it. I mean, even though I'm a law abiding citizen, it still makes me nervous to invite the FBI to e-mail me, or call me at home, or even come to visit me in my apartment.

Nevertheless, once the grief "wore off", I vowed to myself that I was going to do something, no matter how small that may have been. I doubt my "tip" will come to much, but hopefully I'm wrong. (I've also added my name to the volunteer waiting lists for both New York and DC.)

i know its in my heart and mind to volunteer to help in any way, shape, or form. if i was needed id be there to help as fast as i could, man with my temper, putting two and two together, id probably have dont something dumg like confront those people in your building! i feel your doing the right thing!
    take a look at the world and think...