Thread: Motion Sensor Controlled Lights

Motion Sensor Controlled Lights

OK I have now had my lights in my new office go off three times today because they are motion controlled and if they don't sense someone in the office they turn off.

Evidently they either don't pick me up or I don't move enough for them to sense me.

The first time it was humorous having this happen multiple times a day is tiresome.

Anyone have any suggestions? Would an oscilating heater or fan be enough motion to keep the suckers activated?

Help so i'm not kept in the dark....
    Last edited by [AK]Beaker; 08-18-2008 at 10:29 AM.

I worked across the hall from a guy who suffered the same problem... except the lights going off and then back on worked as a nice visual indicator to us that the man was still alive. He would sit so still (probably sleeping) for so long that the lights would go off, he would then frantically wave his arms to get them back on, thus showing us that he hadn't died in his sleep. He did this is whole last year of employment before retiring.

Perhaps you need one of these

Would one of those bobbing birds be enough movement?

If so, I'd invest in one.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

most of those switches have an always on setting as well, which you may want to set it to when your going to be in the room for an extended period of time, then switch back to motion sensing when you leave the room.

August Knights Ventrilo status
    Don't let your Alligator mouth overload your Canary ASS!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein
    If you find yourself in a losing battle....your tactics suck!

I've been told by the engineer in charge of this building that I simply do not generate enough heat and am too still at the computer. The IR and motion sensors read me as ambient background....In fact in the space of typing this e-mail the sensor again decided the office was unoccupied and the lights went out again.

Therefore I am going to try and buy an oscillating space heater!

And they are going to have someone come by and hopefully increase the delay and the sensitivity.

Until then my office will not recognize me as alive. Although it does recognize people that walk by my office door which I leave open. It seems that the light is on more when I am out of it due to traffic than when I am in it.

it's a simple adjustment, but you must remove the sensor from the wall (it's in the back of the cover)

a simple screwdriver will do the trick....dont touch the brass terminal ><

or....wait for the electrician
    "]