One of my many titles and duties here at the Credit Union is the acting Fraud Officer. Well we had a lady stop in today to open an account. Being a Credit Union, we have to prove that a member qualifies to be a member. In our case, anyone that lives, works, or worships in Hunterdon County, New Jersey. So this lady gave our member rep her drivers license and a pay stub from a business that is in the county. Well our rep noticed the NJ drivers license looked a little "worn" around the edges all the way around - like it perhaps was tampered with. So she told the lady she would be right back she had to photocopy her license and pay stub. She comes back to me and lets me know about the license. I said the paystub matches whats on the license, etc but just make sure that if she opens the account and deposits any checks that we put a hold on them until they clear so she doesn't run to our other branch and try and withdraw the money or to an ATM, etc without the checks clearing first.

So she says OK and copies them and goes back and the member fills out a membership card. Well, while filling out the membership card the lady signs a DIFFERENT NAME than that on the paystub and drivers license!! ROFLMAO So the rep sees the president and gets up and shows him the card and he comes in and asks her very normally... "Maam.. you signed this differently than your license and the name on the paycheck". Shes like uh , umm, uh.. I have to get back to work. I'll come back later to complete this stuff and mumbles and grabs the card and basically runs out the door. Our rep runs to the side of the building and gets the description of the car and the license plate number - which is Maryland.

ROFLMAO I called the State Police and gave them the info, we'll see what they turn up. =)