So I was playing Penemunde today in single player mode to practice my Natter skills and I decided to try some stupid Chuck Yeager tricks...

I tried to see if I could make it into outer space and found some interesting things:

If you bail out at extremely high altitude, after your guy gets done screaming he waits for awhile and then rips a nasty fart.

When you leave the atmosphere, your control surfaces stop working and you have to make sure you're pointed straight up. You eventually get so much altitude that it takes a couple of minutes of free-fall to reach the ground.

During this time, you can actually get about as much forward speed as a Spitfire and can traverse all the way across the map three or four times easily before you land.

If you're stupid enough to pop your chute up there, it takes like a half hour to reach the ground.

And for my all-time coolest trick ever, I bailed out at an ungodly altitude while there was still fuel left and watched my Natter continue straight up out of sight. When it finally ran out of juice and came back down I was still free falling and managed to get back in the cockpit as it was passing by and then went on to land the thing!