Thread: My prediction about the election.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My prediction about the election.

I'd sworn off this forum for quite awhile but thought I'd do a random drive-by with my prediction, starting the morning of November 6th.

All year long, this race has been too close to call. Millions of dollars later and only one month to go, its probably going to remain that way.

If you thought Bush losing the popular vote and getting elected by a still-disputed 547 vote margin in Florida was interesting, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

I predict that the election will be close enough in numerous states to elicit both sides to initiate massive recounts and legal challenges. Both sides have enlisted armies of attorneys nationwide and already have in place legal Überteams to contest razor-thin statewide elections.

I predict that it will be the ugliest, most decisive post-election in American history and that it will occupy and divide the nation's attention for months with agonizing challenges from both sides.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that this election is going to be an absolute mess, with the looming spectre of a possible delay of the inauguration. Ultimately, Democracy will survive and hopefully be strengthened, but it may signal the beginning of the end of the Electoral College.

Although I've rarely seen eye-to-eye politically with most August Knights, we can agree that we all love our country; we just differ on our views on how to make it better.

Once again, I hope I'm wrong but if I'm not, you heard it here first.
    Last edited by [AK]Sonic Boom; 10-04-2004 at 01:32 PM.
    Hasta,
    Boom