I recently built a new PC and decided to give my old one to my brother-in-law/nephew. It's a P4-3.0 with 1 gig of RAM, ASUS P4P-800 Deluxe motherboard, with a NVIDIA 5x00 (I forget exact model) AGP video card. Here's the problem.

If I plug the PC into my Dell LCD monitor at home using a VGA cable, I have absolutely no problems with it. If I plug it in using the DVI connector, no problems. When I take it to my Brother-In-Laws, and connect it to a CRT monitor, it gives a "no signal received" error message. So I try another monitor (his old Gateway CRT), same problem. I try a DVI adapter on the VGA cable and plug into the DVI port, no signal - same problem. If I take his really, REALLY old Gateway PC, and hook it up using the same VGA cable on the same CRT monitor, there is no problem. Monitor works fine. But as soon as I connect it to the PC I want to give him, it says it is receiving no signal??

Does anyone have any idea what would cause it? Is there something on the video card, setting, somewhere... that would prevent it from working on a CRT monitor, yet work on a LCD with no problem? I've never encountered anything like this.