We had much debate last night online about stats and how they work. I've read about every web page I can find, and the docs directory, and things don't seem to add up. I'm hoping someone might have an idea how it works.

I guess 3 questions:

1) What qualifies as an objective and is it the same as a task? For example, if you need 600 XP EARNED AS SOLDIER OR AGGRESSOR and 2 OBJECTIVES COMPLETED BY DESTRUCTION to earn an Assault Shield, does completing the 600 XP count as an objective and earn you a rank? I ask this because I went from conscript to Private without completing any shields (but did complete the 600xp in engineering portion of it), and for 38 ranks (including conscript) - there aren't enough awards to reach 38 - there are only 24 shield/star/wreaths.

2) What's the difference between distinctions, 1st honors, and 2nd honors?

3) Something is screwy, because I only play on ranked servers, and I know I've completed at least several objectives as engineer including blowing up entrances, map objectives, etc. But looking at my stats: Hylander's Stats it shows below that predicted next award is the Engineering Shield Engineering Shield:

1 OF 2 TASKS SATISFIED
50% COMPLETED

This is why I think a "task" is every line listed to earn an award. (See question #1) So you can rank up alot faster than you earn awards. The docs say "One rank is awarded for each Task completed. "

But if you hit 'details' on my rank under achievement progress - it shows 0 objectives achieved through construction. Well, I built a guard tower at least 4 times last night as engineer. I know I've achieved building at least part of the bridge 3 or 4 times. They don't count? What does?!?

Color me confused...