Thread: The Manifesto!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    EPA: Needed as long as the enviro-whackos don't take over.

Additional drilling for oil: Need it. We need to use all the domestic natural resources we can. That includes oil, coal, natural gas, nuclear, solar, wind, geo-thermal. It's not a multiple choice. It's an "all of the above".

Subsidies: Don't need them. Free market rules. Paying someone to NOT produce something is just plain crazy.

High incarceration rate: Need more chain gangs. There is too much trash along the highways and the streets in this nation. We have a readily available work force to take care of this problem. Get to work.

War on Drugs: Decriminalize marijuana. In New York, get rid of the Rockefeller Drug laws.

Tax the rich – feed the poor: Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats every day. I'm against progressive taxes. They are contrary to human nature. The wealthy already pay more taxes for the fact that their income is higher. Question: Why are there obese poor people in this country? Does that even make sense?

Taxes: Scrap the income tax system entirely. It's full of loop holes anyhow and way too complicated. Go to a national sales tax. No loop holes. You buy something you pay a tax whether it's you buying a new car or a company buying some machinery. Everyone pays. People who buy more obviously pay more in taxes. Fair system.

Gun control: I'm for background checks to ensure felons and the mentally impaired don't get their hands on guns, but I'm not for any kind of banning of handguns or any other kind of semi-automatic rifles.

War in Iraq: Bad execution of a good idea. I blame Rumsfeld. We won the war but have taken way too long to win the peace.

Vote: I think it's hard enough. The problem is that most citizens don't vote at all or even bother to pay attention. I blame the Electoral College system. This system saps the meaning of your individual vote. Case in point, I usually vote Conservative but in NYS which normally goes Democrat my vote counts for nothing as the winner of the state get ALL THE ELECTORAL VOTES. We need to either go to a proportional electoral vote system based on popular vote percentages or scrap the Electoral College altogether and go with a straight popular vote.

Pie: Agree, wholeheartedly.
    Last edited by [AK]Bribo; 10-30-2008 at 09:27 AM.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.