Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Nuts View Post
She's an outsider and more 'average' than other politicians. That being said... she's a bit naive, lacks experience, and so far really hasn't made any profound comments that persuade me that she's a viable candidate.
So you prefer dirty political insiders that owe their political existence to others like them? A governor of the largest state in the union with the most resources does NOT lack experience!
Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Clay View Post
Some of that - and she just resigned with about the weakest story I've ever heard. hence the WTF... Not sure what's going on.
What? Attempting to serve in the governor's chair while leftist political action groups; possibly Acorn create a storm of frivolous lawsuits for the sole purpose of besmirching her character and costing her, her family, and the state a ton of money? They are scared to death of her and want her to shutup and disappear. Unfortunately it is the right move for her to cause them to believe they have won and destroyed her. I believe she has an eye on the future. We will see...
Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Sonic Boom View Post
Having spent this past weekend in Alaska and being there as the news broke, I can give you the general consensus from the hardest-core, FOX news 24/7 fisherman bar in Sitka.

It's a bad move if she has presidential aspirations. Nobody likes a quitter.

It's a good move (for Sarah Palin) if the heat was too much for her to handle and she, metaphorically, likes to eat the ice cream but not the vegetables. My guess is that she's going to take the money and go be the rock star of Republican fundraising without having to make all those pesky executive decisions.

The general view from the Pioneer Bar (a place filled with even more right-wing true-believers than AK) is that, short of some sort of debilitating health issue, any way you slice it hers is a dereliction of duty, pure and simple.

BTW, here's a photo from the top of Harbor Mountain last Sunday. An epic weekend.

To give you an idea of scale, that's the airport runway at the treeline.
Purely local barroom meaningless gossip. I can't take drunks and barflies serious.
Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
Personally I see her as making the correct decision for the state of Alaska. It'll allow the political leaders there focus on the state/spend money on the state and not on frivolous ethics violation lawsuits brought up by various people/organizations.
Finally! Someone with a sensible and logical viewpoint! Thank you! I can't characterize myself with Sarah Palin, but we have similar viewpoints coming from two different states with one having the largest public land and the other having the second largest public land. People of these states have far different viewpoints than big city people. If I were stuck in the Alaskan outback, who would I want to have with me, Sarah Palin or some big city slicker? That is a no brainer!

What I do like about her: She is just a regular straight talking lady that can cook, clean, take care of kids, talk at the same time, and serve a large state in the highest office with integrity and honesty, and never claims to have attained perfection. She is not an academia intellectual political insider which makes her all that much more of a viable and regular person to me. /Salute