Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Rocks View Post
Blah, didnt need to take a test to scream fire or prove I am not a sicko. If I needed to pass a speech test or prove I can talk well , they would be the same. Plus I dont remember anyone dieing from a drunk tongue before.. Next...
We didn't always need driver's licenses: In the early days of motoring, every American learned to drive without any assistance from local, state, or federal government; most learned to drive safely; and most never had any government document to identify themselves or to prove that they had ever passed any government driving test. The states of Massachusetts and Missouri were the first to establish drivers licensing laws in 1903, but Missouri had no driver examination law until 1952. Massachusetts had an examination law for commercial chauffeurs in 1907, and passed its first requirement for an examination of general operators in 1920. The first state to require an examination of driver competency was Rhode Island in 1908 (it also required drivers to have state licenses as early as 1908). South Dakota was both the last state to impose drivers licenses (1954), and the last state to require driver license examinations (1959)