No, I haven't forgotten about the ladders this week; quite the opposite, in fact. Now that we have a head count, it's time to consider the details. Just based on what we play, I think most of us like to play in hardcore mode, and that means playing 8v8 Rush. Any objections, let me know (here or privately), but that's what we're used to playing so it's unlikely we'll go any other way (at least until they open other hardcore types)

So with that settled, at least for now, the next step is to pick a practice time, so please post your availability here. Ideally, I'd like to run practice from 9-10 PM eastern, or maybe 9:30-10:30. Hopefully that'll be accessible to the out-Westers, while still allowing us old farts on the East Coast to get to bed at a decent hour. I'll start--I'm only available Monday-Thursday nights through the summer. I'm thinking run 2-3 practices over the next week or two, then get the team up and on the ladder. There are less than 2 dozen teams up there the last time I checked, so we can expect some action right away.

Finally, an administrative note: as of right now, I'll be taking over as interim "head coach"/"master" strategist. This means we can expect to lose badly and regularly. I welcome anyone who'd like to help and/or take over, either for a single map or permanently. I'll keep the responsibility for scheduling/match comms/all that fun administrative stuff, although I will need a substitute from Aug. 14-21 (I'll be on vacation).