Game copying and pirating (something I was famous for years ago) is so rampant that it's very hard for developers to turn a profit. Adding copy protection and online validation checking only causes PC owners to rage and flame developers for adding it. Yet PC gamers are always upset because so many games are out for consoles now.

Think about it for just a moment, with a console version of a game, everyone is on the same playing field. Everything looks the same, controls are the same. Cheating is very very low unless exploits are found in game. The clear winner in terms of multi-player games for the most part is consoles right now. PC gaming for single-player and MMO related games if you have a good system of course edges out consoles.

For me as everyone has known for years and has busted on me (Looks at Hy, Bribo and Squid) I've been a hardcore Xbox and Playstation 3 gamer. YES some games do not look as good on the console as it does on the PC. But when you have a 56" TV with a HDMI connection it's a hard act to follow (Unless you drag your PC into the living room)