Hi Garrett,

Stephanie's .357 is a Smith and Wesson stainless 686 with a 2-inch barrel. She's so good with the thing it scares the bejesus out of me. I'm going to be one FAITHFUL husband. That gun is accurate out to 25 or 30 feet at least, even with that tiny barrel. I've seen her put three shots almost through the same hole at 25 feet with it.

I have had a few large calibers ... but .357, .45 ACP, 10mm and .45 Long Colt are as big as I have gone in pistols. The 10mm was a stainless S&W 10-06 semi-auto .. nice gun. I fired a Desert Eagle once. The .50 cal Desert Eagle is so heavy that the recoil is slightly less than that of a .44 magnum. The .50 is a truly massive gun ... it looks like a normal-sized pistol with Arnold Schwarzenegger holding it.

In the end, I stepped down to 9 mm for my primary shooting, because a box of 50 bullets just costs $5.99 at Academy. Everything else is $10 and up ... and my range budget is not that high. So I bought first a CZ-75 9mm and now the Beretta 92FS. I really like the Beretta. It is matte stainless, and perhaps the most handsome pistol I have owned, aside from the Luger P08.