Thread: Interview

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Originally posted by [AK]Pixelsponge
    By go it alone, I meant without UN support.

I really don't feel threatened by Iraq at this time, I think right now he is under enough control to allow further investigation as to what he really has. What if did go in there, bomb the crap out of the country, turn everything upside down and find nothing? Opps, sorry about that.

I feel much more threatened by the million plus man army over in N. Korea.
    I'm surprised that folks continue to question the existence of WMD's in Iraq. But if you don't trust the US, or the photos of the dead Kurds and Iranians, the UN itself estabilished their existence in the 90's. The numbers you hear quoted are mostly from UN reports.

But lets play this out - if Iraq has no WMD's, why the resistance at every turn?
    Saddam can end this all right now by simply delivering on any of the 17 or 18 UN agreements since 1991 that he has ignored. If he had no weapons of WMD he could easily prove it - while humiliating Bush (and probably costing him re-election.)

The only reason inspectors are even in the country right now is because of the threat of force.

Appeasement leads to misery. We appeased North Korea, made them *promise* that they wouldn't build Nukes, but they went ahead and did it.

And now we have a mess. History is loaded with examples...do we really need another example in Iraq?
    Last edited by [AK]Squidly; 02-21-2003 at 09:21 AM.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.