I've been using the Game Commander, which is a very similar product. I may be able to help. The big points that helped me were:

1) Start TS (or whatever other voice-related programs) before you start the voice controller. Order is very important.

2) The voice controller should have a special recording device driver that it's using. You need to get everything else that's using the microphone to use that same special recording device.

3) When you're putting in commands, think about the phonetic structure of the words you're using. The software has an easy time with hard consonants, but soft sounds get lost. I couldn't get it to recognize 'generator' so I want with 'power' instead, so it could catch the hard 'p' instead of the soft 'g'.

It takes a lot of work to get the voice controller running smoothly, but you'll be glad you did it. The most helpful area is with loadouts. You can map to all twenty of your favorites, and then you can map keys to change the pack and grenades after you've picked the basic loadout.