rx-8's aren't as powerful as their ancestor rx-7, yet they both have about the same gas milage. it's a damn good looking car, but mazda's time away from rotary production does show. any rotary revs over 9 grand though. i saw a video where they took two rx-7s and kept them reving full throttle in neutral until the engines died. they went to 12.5 grand and stayed there for over fifteen minutes until the engines smoked.

as for the toyotas lasting forever, i can atest to that. i have a '81 fj-40 land cruiser with the stock four cylinder. engine still runs decently after so many years and miles. the body is rusted like hell, and i replaced the gas tank (as that rusted off) with a fishing boat's outboard motor gas container. i only use the cruiser now for plowing snow and pushing cars around due to its condition, but i'm saving up to throw in a chevy v8 and renovate this great car.

my personal sporty car i'd like to get is the subaru wrx sti. a friend of mine bought one, and practically no one can touch this car. it's easy to mod too.