Thread: New generation of cards?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    April 13th for the NV40

from the speculative spec of the card sounds like it will eat Dx9 games for lunch compared to todays cards.

ATI's 420 should follow on its heals and be nearly as powerful a card

so far the differences ive seen:

NV40 = 16pipes!!!!! pixel shader 3.0 and vertex shader 3.0 support

ATI 420 = 12 pipes with no 3.0 support.

sounds like the ATI card will be slower but no guarantees. I love my current Nvidia card over the current ATI offerings personally so i tend to believe NV40 will prolly carry the same feel and more.

heres a tidbit on Nviidias next gen product i came across

{quote via Vegetto-eX}

Well it's time, some of this info in not new and it was speculated before, now is just confirmed.
    The card that was running those games was an NV40 ( it was an A2 revision ) clocked at 475mhz Core and 1.2ghz memory ( gddr3 ) and 256mb. The card IT IS 16x1 as the fillrate shows it. With 3dmark2001 give results of 7010 Mpixels/s for single texturing and 7234 Mpixels/s for multi texturing ( pretty impressive don't? ).The PS performance is boosted a lot, at least 2.5x faster and even got to 5x faster.The AA used in the pics is RGMSAA at 4x, the maximum AF ( on this drivers, 56.55 ) was 8x but I think that we will see 16x. In most of the games the performance was 2.5x to 3x faster than my FX5950 using high resolution and AA as well as AF and well the IQ...... what can I say? is far far better. Now some things, they were a lot of problems, mostly corrupted textures, but not in any of the tested games, I'm 100% sure that at launch the drivers will pack a lot more of features just for the NV40. In other thing, I can't argue that indeed there is some blurring in those SS, but first think:

1) if you don't zoom the picture it looks just damn good.
    2) there are no final drivers, so no final AA or AF levels.
    3) I'm not saying is better than ati or anything like that, I just think is WAY better than any other Nvidia card.

and for a matter of speed, remember that A2 is no the final revision, so the final "could" be a little faster. Well that's all... at least all I can say now, there is something else but I risk too much and I have a promise, maybe later in this month, but I have said everything I know, hope you like it, and again excuse my bad english

heres the original thread.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26293
    Last edited by Cruiser; 03-31-2004 at 03:13 PM.