Originally posted by [AK]Choozoo
ok, where's my sandwich?
I thought about this awhile, and I'm still not sure what your point is. Iraq isn't unraveling, it's not spinning into some chaotic country wide civil war. The vast majority of the country is acutally uneffected by the goings on of the last couple of weeks. My ability to walk into Fallujah and grab a sandwhich while it's still under the thumb of a cadre of Baathist thugs doesn't do much to change any of that.

while you're there ask the locals about how they feel about us being there.
The dead-enders and foreign nationals fighting us in Fallujah obviously have their own agenda, which is far different from those of the average Iraqi.

I don't see them taking to the streets to protest the radicals. where are the liberation parades?
The thugs are clearly in the minority, but the average Iraqi is still afraid and uncertain. Safer for them to "sit it out and see what happens". I'm also sure that many of them aren't particularly happy with being occupied - but that's not nearly the same thing as wanting us to go immediately.

Isn't it kind of audacious to feel that the rest of the world wants to live like we do? Don't you think that the poeple there are so instituionalized, that they don't want the freedom?
People don't want freedom? I think some may be so inexperienced with the concept that they don't know how to act (or are afraid to.) I certainly think they want it, deserve it, and with a little practice, will be able to handle it.

And yeah, I think the overwhelming majority of the world wants to live like we do, even if they might outwardly deny it.

39? who cares, lie. They'll take you until 32. go sign up. I'll check up on your family. Promise.
Whatever.