Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Sonic Boom
Damn right I'm interested in admission of fault for things large and small, especially from the President. Denying fault is also denying responsibility. In order to fix something you've screwed up, you first have to admit you've screwed it up.

As far as the "fake comfy moral blanket," don't patronize me.

If you didn't vote in the last election, then shame on you. I will always find one's choice to not participate in the Democratic process reprehensible. I'll definitely be voting this year, too.
RE: Blanket - Reread the sentence. I wasn't referring to you.
RE: Me Not voting - Sorry.
RE: Admission of fault - First off, demanding it is nothing more than a ticky-tack partisan game - of the sort you claim to be against. Admissions of faults don't have to be public. Whenever we change our course of action in this war, you can bet that somewhere behind the scenes an assessment of effectiveness of strategy, errors, and refinement of our plans is taking place.

Expecting the President to come out during a war and say "Well we did this wrong - sorry. We did that wrong - sorry" is unrealistic, counterproductive to the war effort, and would frankly be unpresidented.

And by and large the agenda behind the folks demanding it is simply that they want him to lose.