Thread: have we learned nothing?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reality Check!

Well, having enforced this Country's Immigration Laws for the past going on nineteen years I'm not surprised. Stop and think about the reality of rounding up three million "illegal aliens" with ten thousand Border Patrol Agents. And even if you could round them up, think about how much time and money it would cost to push them through removal proceedings. Then consider the fact that, within lets say we give most of them four months (more like two to three weeks, some just days), they come right back again. Now, realistically speaking, first of all, we don't have the infrastructure in place to effectively deal with this problem. Especially when you start incarcerating them, every tooth that never was filled suddenly needs to be and every ailment they ever had must then, during that time of incarceration, be treated. So what is it that we can do? (Hold your thoughts folks, to be continued when I return from the movies) At this point in the game, pun intended, its to late to whine and moan about why Pedro or Usama's nephew is here. The best we can hope for is that we start identifying them via biometric data. Hence, amnesty (it makes me want to puke) and/or handing out worker permits to the many who would like to enter in order to legitimately work (if you think that eveyone will have legitimate motives for being here your being naive to say the least). Those who receive permits could then be biometricly entered into a National database where they could never say, "you've got the wrong guy I just got off the banana boat." This country is in quite a quagmire predominantly due to 40 plus years of soft "Immigration Policy." Not to mention those who buy into the "we are the melting pot" theory. How dare we not accept everyone and anyone! We dared and we are stuck with what we have. Many who are here from tainted cultures that could give a damn about the American way of life as long as their primary purpose for being here, benevoloent or malevolent is fulfilled. SO, what do we do about it. We have no choice, we have to do what the Founding Fathers of this country expected us to do. We have to show all of these people who have come here, some with very bad intentions, what it means to be a citizen of this great country. This is going to be hard for some to swallow, we have to be guided by the hand of God, live by Christian principles and instill those core beliefs throughout our society. We have to trust that the Holy Spirit will persevere. That is the only hope that we realisticly have in order to live harmoniously and peacefully in this great country.

This could get a little heated, I mean no personal offense to anyone, if our opinions differ I'll agree to disagree. Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by Ages; 10-04-2004 at 07:21 PM.
    And yes, I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night!