Originally posted by [AK]Palooka
(1)This line of thinking is nothing new, Zorro. A guy by the name of Adolf Hitler had similar views.

(2)What concerns me most about your post is how you intend for us to eliminate "people with disabilities and mental/physical ailments." Since you make no suggestions, let me present some possibilities. We could segregate the "less intelligent, less attractive, less healthy, and less capable member[s] of our society" from the rest of the population. We could refuse them healthcare, since we wouldn't want to encourage them to live. We could, as Widowmaker has mentioned, sterilize such people, or just kill them all to make sure that they do not further taint the gene pool. Finally, we could mandate that these people have abortions should they unwisely choose to "breed." The latter is, horrifically enough, the most realistic scenario.

(3)There are segments of the scientific community (including a few biology professors I had in college) who believe that all pregnant women should receive amniocentesis, chorionic villa sampling, maternal blood screening, and ultrasound to detect birth defects. Some birth defects can be corrected before birth, but for those unlucky fetuses who have incurable birth defects, abortion would be the treatment. Theoretically, this could rid America of people with, for example, Down's syndrome, congenital heart defects, Spina Bifida, Cystic Fibrosis, and Muscular Dystrophy, along with any of the other 4,000 birth defects.

(4)It is hilarious that I, probably the most conservative AKer with the exception of perhaps Abaddon, am the official voice for civil rights in this organization. Zorro, look at that flag flying in your signature and think about what it stands for.
(1) - Ouch.. hope Z was sitting.

(2) - That part right there is like saying, lets kill off Alabama becasue they still have rebel flags.. or because they're all too stupid. Whereas I say.. Down with the rebel flags, but let live.. Rebel flags are all I'm against.. exspecially in these troubling times where everyone should have American flags in the back windows of the trucks.. we should all be united.

(3) - Yes.. I'm sure there are also Scientists out there who would also say that a couple whose age added up to over 80 should be sterilized and then let be.. as there are tests that show that couples who have children when their combined age is 80+ are more likely to have children with birth defects.. whereas I find this to not be 90% accurate. I have 2 friends who's parent's ages were over 80 when they were born, granted on was an accident and the other's Dad is about 70 now(the kid has a free ride.. 16 yrs old has a 95 camaro and a 71 Nova.. ).

(4) - Palooka may be the most conservative AKer.. I'm not certain on my status because I'm just starting my Political life.. time will tell. I do tend to be a Non-Conformist though. (That and I approve of the mothers choise to abortion.. although I don't completely agree with it.)