Thread: Has Evolution Stopped in the US?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Ouch. I think a comparison with Hitler is a bit harsh.

However, I have to say that if a "disabled" person can be productive in the workplace with the proper accomodations, I'm all for it. I've known a number of disabled people who were productive members of society, but would have died in a purely Darwinian environment.

Like Widowmaker, however, I have profound problems with encouraging people on welfare to have kids. In fact, in my fire-breathing days, I even have said they should be temporarily sterilized until they are off the dole. That's possible now, but the technology is not truly "there" yet, so I cannot recommend it. Too many side effects from the implants.

In fact, I think that people on welfare should not be allowed to vote as long as they are on the dole. They are just a ready-made constituency for urban machine politics. Bus 'em to the polls, tell them how to vote and let 'er rip!

I would support a return to the old "vote if you have property system" ... replacing "property" with a steady job of any kind and no income requirements, as long as they are not on welfare. If you are only TAKING from the country, I don't think you should have a voice in the affairs of your fellow tax-paying citizens.

But alas ... that's the hardline libertarian in me coming out. Not much chance of either of those two plans being implemented.

Still, one can hope.

[AK]Abaddon

"TANSTAFFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch."
    Last edited by [AK]Abaddon; 10-01-2001 at 05:29 PM.
    [AK]Abaddon