I saw Cake in concert in '95 at a club in Virgina Beach called "The Abyss". There were like 50 people total there, and, really, the only reason I was there was that I tended bar (and my then-girlfriend, now-wife was a lighting technician) there on weekends, and we were like, "Hey, free concert!" (Not to be confused with, "Hey, free dummy!") I think they were playing one of their singles on the local indy radio station there, so we were somewhat familiar with their work, but we were definitely impressed with the width of their talent and the diversity in the tracks they performed. Anyway, the funny thing was that when they'd get done with a song, there'd be like 10 people (of the 50 there) clapping and stuff. The lead singer guy (who, as I recall, looked/sounded a lot like Tom Greene) would be all, "Thanks...you guys are...great...no really!" ROFL! Rah and I discussed the fact that it was quite likely that he REALLY wanted to say, "Thanks...you guys...suck!" Oh well... That might have not actually been funny at all... I'm tired and I just got to work, so leave me a alone!