Quote Originally Posted by [AK]FiGHT*CLuB View Post
How much you paying for the nanny? Weekly, monthly? I am VERY anti day care myself..
We did day-care when Nuts Jr was 4 months old. I lasted 3 days before I pulled him out. And this was at a lady's house with just 3 other kids. No friggin way would I do that again.

We next hired a 21yr old blond Slovakian girl that watched Jr while the wife telecommuted for about 8 months. At that age, (infant) you don't need to be highly skilled... just loving and attentive. However, about 50% of my wife's pay was going to the Nanny. ARG

Now with a 3 year old and a 1 year old we needed someone with child development skills and that wouldn't just baby-sit but actually help raise our kids. It was a tough call but the added income gives us so much more room in our budget so that we can live a bit easier and stock away more in retirement.

Our nanny pulls in $1600 a month (under the table, wink-wink). We looked into day-care again but I didn't want my kids to be second place to anyone and for two kids the price was almost the same. We've considered a live-in Nanny as the price is a bit lower but if I can't walk downstairs and drink OJ from the carton in the nude... forget it.

It's still a tough call; one that my wife and I disagree with. But I've conceded this one and so far think that the Nanny is doing good. (Jr is now saying 'Excuse me' after burping!)

P.S. if you're willing to relocate I know a great job.