All of the points mentioned for the PC gaming side are both good and valid. And 2008 does look like it's shaping up to be a great year for PC gaming. Like I have mentioned before my only real issues at this point is hardware upgrading. Companies as a whole should be creating games with a certain baseline that covers a much larger hardware scheme. Not having the most cutting edge performance that you need to pay to achieve. I realize with what I just said could be attacked with "Well just turn the settings down". We shouldn't have to turn the settings down, more games should be optimal as a norm. Look at Quake Wars from last year. OMG that game had so much going on in it, but it ran as smooth as silk with my aging PC hardware. Cyrsis on the other hand made my PC go into a state of depression that took weeks to get it to come out into the public again.
We are all a very diverse group and that is why there are so many choices. So at the end of the day, each platform has a group of fans to enjoy. I am a gaming wh0r3 so I own 'em all