As someone who feels about Verizon as much as some Linux lovers do about Microsoft, , let me say I will always hold Verizon as a very last resort to any connectivity.

The short story of my experience with Verizon is that when I was look at broadband, I called about getting ISDN. Very mature technology, no problem. I bought a modem, etc and when they "connected" me.. well, lets just say I went 4 days with NO PHONE SERVICE at all. When I finally told them to cancel it and give me my normal phone service back, the lady goes... "Did you know you could get DSL on your number?" I said, Really? Considering 2 weeks ago when I called about ISDN I was told NO. She said, yes, im certain and we are offering the first 30 days for free. Verizon uses line sharing (you use microfilters, etc, your existing phone line, and they also use PPPoE (which sucks IMHO) Currently - I have a separate line and I have a truly "always on" connection. I don't have to 'sign on') Anyways... I was down 27 of the 29 days I "had" Verizon DSL. I called, cancelled, and ordered through Fast.net (Covad). I've been with Fast.net for over 18 months and have not had more than a single minute of down time. My sister works for Verizon and at the time, they were told in a meeting not to offer or suggest DSL because their engineers did not have a grasp on the technology.

Perhaps things have changed now... but I still Hate Verizon