What we are witnessing is the decline and fall of the American empire. Rome didn't know what hit them until the barbarians were at the gate. Same here. Welcome to the downward spiral.

We used to be fiercely independent as a people. Hard working. Industrious. Creative. Resilient. Our mantra was work hard, save your money, make a better life for your children and teach them the same values.

We have become a bunch of spoiled children demanding that Mommy and Daddy (i.e. big government) take care of us. We want everything fast and cheap. We don't save money any more. Instead we extend our credit to limits we can't repay just to keep up with Joneses.

Conservatism is dead. The American dream is dead. We are simply going through the motions.

Without REAL change - and I mean embracing conservative ideas of less government, more individual independence, and self-reliance - my fear is that this downward spiral is just going to worsen until like a black hole we cannot escape the event horizon and all will be lost.

My advice is to buy a gun now if you don't already own one and start stocking up on survival supplies.