Thread: Applying to August Knights

Joric

Applying to August Knights

Application

Tell us about you: Not sure what to say exactly. There's only a few things I could tell you about myself seemingly without bias, but what I would want you to know about me is that I am honest and open about everything. That's probably enough of that though. Another important fact about me is that I am very confident about myself - sometimes moreso than I probably should be, but I take criticism very well.

Your "Real Life" Age and Occupation: 23, full-time student (looking for a part-time security job).

Availabilty for Raids: Always available.

Past guilds, and why you left each:
    Overkill, to help MAYHEM get back on it's feet after some issues (Garithos Realm).
    MAYHEM, progression is not going to happen. For more reasons please PM me in-game (Joric/Mirri/Borborygmos/Zyntris).

Past Raid Experience:
    Full Clears - MC/BWL/ZG/AQ20/40
    Server Firsts - Naxx (Instructor and Anub)
    Karazhan before it was pug farmable (gogo 800+ heals)

Interest: (Hard Core Raiding/Regular Raiding/Social Raiding/PVP):
    I'm always for Hardcore raiding, but regular raiding and pvp are my main focus.

How long have you been playing? (/played)
    Joric: 79 days 11 hours
    Mirri: 28 days 6 hours

Your email address: albertoriverajr@gmail.com

Tell us about your raiding main: My raiding main Joric is a paladin I started in Garithos about 3 years ago. He was level'd as protection and ran raids as retribution for a few months, then I was holy until about 6 months ago. I decided I wanted to give tanking a shot and have not looked back at holy every since. I do currently still have a holy set (when in holy spec 1900+ heals and 17% paper-doll spell crit, 1750/15% in prot spec), which I use occasionally when only 1 tank is needed and the other does not have an offset. I fell in love with tanking and have been constantly upgrading armors and even strategies for tanking and threat generation. For a short while I was even a forum troll reading everything I could about it. (Very excited about doing higher content with my paladin if you can't tell!)

Character Name: Joric

Class: Paladin

Raid Spec: Protection (can go holy)

Link to the WOW Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...zgalor&n=Joric

Attunements: Onyxia/MC/BWL/Naxx/SSC

Alts if any:
    Mirri (destro/sac) - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...zgalor&n=Mirri
    Borborygmos (Fury) - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Borborygmos (hit rating set puts me up to 177, but 95 is the soft cap for warriors).
    Zyntris (combat/swords) - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...alor&n=Zyntris

What are your professions? Are there any notable/exciting craftables that you can make?
    Joric - nothing exciting, Enchanting(365)/Mining(375)
    Mirri - Enchanting(375 eternium rod)/Tailoring(375)
    Borborygmos - Blacksmithing(375)/Mining(375)
    Borbor has a few epic patterns, but nothing better than t4 gear.
    Zyntris - Engineering(370)/Mining(293)

What mods do you currently have installed?
    Pally Power
    Omen2
    Recount
    CosmosUI
    Outfitter
    AtlasLoot Enhanced
    MobInfo2
    Deadly Boss Mods
    XPerl

Do you have ventrillo installed?
    Yes, and I have been in your ventrilo to run with Tiann more than a few times.

Do you have a working microphone and know how to use it?
    Yes.

IMPORTANT - What is your favorite non-combat pet?
    Sleepy Willy. He reminds me of me.

Miscellaneous - and probably most important section of all:

Why do you want to join the August Knights?
    I want to join the August Knights for Three main reasons.
    #1 - I know the people there are the same quality character as those in Mayhem. I know this from meeting a few of you, from the help I recieved in my recruitment post on the WoW Forums (thanks!!) and from the descriptions Tiann and Nastrith have given me.
    #2 - You are a progressing guild. I wish to experience content beyond Karazhan. August Knights have demonstrated the ability to accomplish this.
    #3 - It is worth it to chance being rejected here to join with Druantia (currently applying) and Tiann. It's always a warmer place when you already know the people (or some of them).

Do you know any current August Knights members who would be willing to vouch for you?
    Tiann.

If you could have one "final meal" on earth, what would it be?
    This is a tough one since anyone I know will tell you, "Joric likes to eat". I'm always eating something... So if I had my final meal on earth, it would have to be a mix of a lot of food I love. A Mexican dish Mole(Moe-Lay) would be a good start. Spicy chicken soup, very thick! I'd have to throw in some Romas Pizzaria pizza, double pepperoni, green peppers and tomatoes. To finish it off, I think a Carl's Jr. Double Chilli Cheese Burger would do the trick.

What are the last three books you read, and what did you think of each?
    Lost Empires of Faerun - I loved it. Lots of information on ancient empires and some new prestiege classes/items that rock.
    Hordes of the Abyss - It was okay, I preferred the Devil book, but this one had some nice new feats.
    Tyrants of the Nine Hells - Devil society is great. Not great to live in, but great to read about and prepare a campaign for.

(Yes, these three are all D&D books, I'm a dork)

What is your all-time favorite movie, and why?
    This is a tough one. I'd have to say that the movie I could watch again and again the most is Starship Troopers. I love that movie.

Paper or Plastic? Paper.

Diamond Dave or Sammy? Never tried Sammy, so I'd have to say Sammy.

Kirk or Picard? Why? Tough choice. I never had much experience with Kirk, but he is more of a man. On the other hand Picard got assimilated and brought back. I'd have to go with Picard in the end. Kirk was a cowboy, but Picard is that old guy you never want to mess with.

edit: a few typo's, I apologize.
    edit: can't reply, but thank you Kidd .
    Last edited by Unregistered; 07-26-2008 at 02:07 PM.

I think this app slipped through the cracks...
    "]

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    I think you're right. Closing thread, copying it to officer forum for discussion.