Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Obama Doesn't Suck

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    Everyone acts like this guy was/is the only hostage. If that was the case I am sure the call would have been easy to make to send in the SEALS or take out the pirates with snipers as was done.

To make the call to save 1 person while endangering the lives of hundereds of other hostages, which although may not be US citizens, I am sure are apart of some allied country's.

How do you think it would have / will pan out if the pirates said alright you killed 3 of our men we will take 3 to how ever many of the hundreds we have and kill them. We will only kill those that belong to a country that is currently allied with the US.

It easy to sit here and be as macho as possible and talk about strong arming anyone who gets in our way and talk about a president who doesnt have the "balls" to make the call. But I think about this war in Iraq started by the good ol southern boy who if nothing else had balls, yet I didnt see us as a nation going in saying screw it and taking everyone out. As a matter of fact the only reason why we suffered "ANY" casualties is because we were / are being diplomatic about it.

If by "good ol southern boy" you mean a UN Resolution and an act of Congress authorizing the use of force, then ya.

then ya?

Not sure what your referring to be honest.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bojan View Post
    How do you think it would have / will pan out if the pirates said alright you killed 3 of our men we will take 3 to how ever many of the hundreds we have and kill them. We will only kill those that belong to a country that is currently allied with the US.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts what a wonderful Christmas that'd be.

I'd refuse to be paralyzed by criminal acts. After I got done sniping the batch of terrorists I was monitoring, I'd go kill the assholes who sympathetically killed innocents on your hypothetical "other boat".

Then I'd go looking for other chicken-shit "pirates" floating around in their crap-junkets. Then once I found some, I'd fill with them lead and sink the dingy.

It's time to raise the cost of their "doing business."
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

If their risk:reward ratio goes higher on the risk side, they're bound to stop the pirating. If they don't then Natural Selection is taking place... I think that's a win/win for us.
    lol, <3

Retired EQ, WoW Player.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

Unfortunately, I think human lives are worth so little in Somalia that it's just part of the cost of doing business, and a few pirates being shot is not going to halt the piracy. If we want to stop it, we're going to have to nuke the whole anthill. I can't say "bomb them back to the stone age," because they're already there.
    [AK]Abaddon

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Abaddon View Post
    Unfortunately, I think human lives are worth so little in Somalia that it's just part of the cost of doing business, and a few pirates being shot is not going to halt the piracy. If we want to stop it, we're going to have to nuke the whole anthill. I can't say "bomb them back to the stone age," because they're already there.
    The problem your going to run into in both this theory and Squids is the fact that we assume the Pirates are a military force.

Going to run into the same problems we run into in iraq. Once we show up your going to see the enemy running back into civilian areas and holding up there. Cant fight an army that isnt there to fight and you cant just storm into civilian areas trying to guess who the baddies and who isnt.

Everyone acts like its as easy as sending in a squad of trained troops and taking em all out. If that was the case it would have been done long ago.

Its just funny to see these issues trivalized to a point of something my 11 year old would suggest after watching a war flick on the boob tube.

August Knights
    Chief Recruiter

I'm not proposing surgical strikes or attacks by precision teams. Too much risk to our soldiers, and no benefits to us.

I say drop a few nigh-nuclear conventional bombs and completely obliterate the home-base villages that survive on income from piracy. Repeat until the problem (and the pirates) go away.

The pirates ARE civilians; there's no question of whether they are an army or not. But why should that matter?
    [AK]Abaddon

I would consider a pirate no more, no less than a terroist. The problem is still, as I see it if you take out one of these home bases, exactly how many non pirate civilians and hostages are you willing to kill

The world would be a different place if we lived by the same moral code and ethics as our enemies. Sometimes, I wish we did.

"I sharded Thunderfury!" [AK]Camelwalk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Squidly View Post
    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts what a wonderful Christmas that'd be.

I'd refuse to be paralyzed by criminal acts. After I got done sniping the batch of terrorists I was monitoring, I'd go kill the assholes who sympathetically killed innocents on your hypothetical "other boat".

Then I'd go looking for other chicken-shit "pirates" floating around in their crap-junkets. Then once I found some, I'd fill with them lead and sink the dingy.

It's time to raise the cost of their "doing business."
    EXACTLY

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Operations Officer

"This place is like someone's memory of a town, and the memory is fading. "
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bojan View Post
    The problem your going to run into in both this theory and Squids is the fact that we assume the Pirates are a military force.

Going to run into the same problems we run into in iraq. Once we show up your going to see the enemy running back into civilian areas and holding up there. Cant fight an army that isnt there to fight and you cant just storm into civilian areas trying to guess who the baddies and who isnt.
    I don't recall saying anything about going on-shore to fight them.

And we won in Iraq. Just a reminder, as you seem to have forgotten.

Easy to do with the non-stop propaganda by the liberal media.
    The sun has fallen down
    And the billboards are all leering
    And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    We don't need to go onshore. In fact, it's preferred to take them out on the water.

1) No unnecessary political entanglements when in international waters.

2) Easy to identify the enemy

3) No collateral damages or human shields.

4) Enemy is much more vulnerable in an old fishing boat than in some hospital or school.

It's a win-win-win-win.
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.

Accept no substitutes. [AK]Bribo's Avatar
    [AK]Bribo

If you were a zombie and I had to kill you, I'd feel sad.