Now the topic of Rum is one I enjoy the most. I've found that a good rum and coke is quite the tasty treat, and I could have 2 or 3 of those a week (or more depending). I use diet coke, just for the calorie savings. Actually, I've found Diet Vanilla Pepsi to be my top soda choice for the combo, followed by Coke Zero.

As to Rums, I've had a few over the years, but not nearly as many as I would like. If you like rum, and find yourself in Las Vegas, be sure to hit the Rum Jungle, which has hundreds of different rums. Kidd and Swae took me and Beaker there one night, and it's a great restaurant all around.

My personal favorite rums are Appleton Estate
and Zaya

But this isn't to besmirch the cheaper rums. Good old Capt. Morgan won't let you down. And since rum is more of a lowbrow item, usually used in mixed drinks, I've had good luck with even cheap rums. Cruzan is a fun one and comes flavored a lot of times. Rum is so inexpensive, there's no reason to go much cheaper then that.

I'm not so familiar with Meyer's, but after Squidly's post, may have to check them out. Does anyone else have a favorite?