Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Swae View Post
Let me reface this by saying that I don't know anything about gun ownership, having a rather large distaste for guns in general. But I wonder, why not have to have a licensing program to own and carry a gun, just like a driver's license? To legally drive a car, I have to take a test proving that I can indeed operate a car, I have to be a certain age, I can't have too many car-related convictions, I have to follow strict laws while driving the car, and I have to have insurance to protect other people in case I hurt them with my car. To buy a gun, I just have to show up at Academy Sports with an ID and money. That just doesn't make sense to me. I am no more against people having guns that I am people driving cars, but it seems to me that stricter regulations on buying/owning/carrying guns would be a good thing.

please take the time to recognize this is a Right, given to us by the Constitution. It's guaranteed under the Bill of Rights. Driving a car is not.

Please forgive me, but Wikipedia seems to be the best media for liberals to understand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_...s_Constitution