Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Hylander View Post
How many apps do you need to do the same damn thing?

I have the Weather Channel app - it does what I need it to do. The same thing as every other app, it gives me the incorrect weather just like the guy on The Weather Channel.

If I don't like it, I can download weather bug, or better yet - just hit 'weather' inside my USA Today app. Just for the record, as of this morning there are 254 weather applications in the Android app store.

If iPhone fanboys need 3,000 versions of solitaire and 30+ pages of weather apps to maintain their sense of superiority, more power to you.
That's a pretty weak argument. More choices are always good. It's like saying that my Ferarri is slower than your Volvo because you don't want any gears above 2nd.

And weather applications was just an off-hand example. I don't think you really want to get into an app-for-app comparison (quality or quantity) between the two stores.

Kat had the best answer.

"I am sure that the iTunes app store has some extra stuff that the android market doesn't, but heck, if I'm not missing it then I guess I didn't need it junking up my phone in the first place."

Perfect.