Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Obama Sucks

Hadn't thought of that angle. But of course we rarely hold underage children accountable for their actions. I'm thinking that maybe fetuses would be exempt. It's pregnant women that make a conscience decision to end a life... a life that courts have repeatedly ruled as protected. If the Supreme Court ever grew a pair and actually ruled on abortion the laws would change over night. Instead, they rule on 'privacy'... a right not outlined in the constitution and refuse to hear any case about the legal validity of killing an unborn child.

By advocating forced pregnancy gestation you would be requiring women to undergo a lengthy and ultimatly potentially life threatening procedure. I'll settle for involuntary manslaughter when an infant kills the mother because it sure as heck was the direct action of the child that led to the mother's demise.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Chief Executive Officer

You are kidding, right? To suggest that a baby should be held personally responsible for the death of his mother in child birth is patently absurd; babies have no volition. They don't take "direct action." You might as well hold the banana peal responsible when you slip on it. You are grasping at straws here. Let's not forget common sense.

Speaking of common sense, I do not know a single pro-lifer who insists, in the event of life-threatening complications, that the mother's life should be sacrificed to save the baby. That truly is a decision between a woman, her husband (provided she is one of the 60% of women in America who still have babies in wedlock--such a silly, old-fashioned, anti-feminist thing to do these days), and her doctor.

My contention is that EVERY pregnancy is high risk and therefore a female's choice. If I decide not to risk stroke due to hypertension (20% of pregnancies) or diabetes and it's complications (2%) of pregnancies or death or hospitalization, I shouldn't be forced to do so by law. The "right to life" applies to the female not the fetus. Nor do I think you have the right to tell me I can't use an IUD, again my body my choice.

20%? 1 in 5 women suffer a stroke due to hypertension during pregnancy? I didn't realize this.

1 in 5 women develop pregnancy related hypertension. Of course there is variance. Females with hypertension are at a greatly increased risk of stroke. I did not mean to imply that 20% have a stroke. Only that 20% become high risk for a life threatening condition.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Beaker View Post
    My contention is that EVERY pregnancy is high risk and therefore a female's choice.
    Thats just bullshit. You make the choice when you crawl in the bed with a man and have unprotected sex. PERIOD.

If you were so concerned about the adverse health effects of pregnancy then you should keep your pants up.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Ah the classic internet abortion argument. Has anyone ever been swayed by one of these?
    [insert signature text here]

Overpowered to the core! [AK]Bojan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Brorlis View Post
    Thats just bullshit. You make the choice when you crawl in the bed with a man and have unprotected sex. PERIOD.

If you were so concerned about the adverse health effects of pregnancy then you should keep your pants up.
    Too bad things are never that simple, all abortions are not simply a form of birth control used because jane slept with joe and didnt use a condom.

I am against there being a law that dictates if a woman or child can have an abortion. I believe it is a family's decision and should be left up to them.

Yes it will be abused either way you go but to be quite honest if it ever became an issue with my wife or daughters I would like to have the option to use our best judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Clay View Post
    Ah the classic internet abortion argument. Has anyone ever been swayed by one of these?
    Bleh dont discourage people NOT to post. Forums are slow enough latley.

Administrator
    August Knights
    Assistant Recruiter

Quote Originally Posted by [AK]Bojan View Post
    Bleh dont discourage people NOT to post. Forums are slow enough latley.
    Just don't care for this one. Hits too hard for too many people, folks get hot and make themselves look like a jerk real quick on this one. On both sides.

I'm uncomfortable with the concept of aborting a fetus. I'm uncomfortable with calling myself a freedom loving government minimalist who thinks the government should force someone to be an unwilling human incubator - regardless of who got raped/horny/whatever. So this whole topic is a no-win.
    [insert signature text here]

Which bear is better?

Agreed but no one ever wins arguing on the internetz anyway

FALSE! Black bear.

I dont know... I hear if attacked by a black bear they are more prone to actually eat you.